Can it truly be back-to-school time already? Whether you’ve got little ones heading back to class (or are heading back to school yourself!) or not, September is always a great time for a fresh start. And I’ve got a sweet back-to-school prize from Shoppers Drug Mart to get you kicking off fall on the right foot.
In the Back to School Prep prize kit:
- $100 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Bandages
- Gummy Vites with Minerals
- Cavity Fighting toothbrush
- Facial Pocket Pack
- Sterile Saline Wound Wash
- And it’s all packed up in a Skylanders backpack (OK, so this one you might want to re-gift to your niece or nephew if you don’t have little ones yourself, unless Skylanders does happen to be your jam…)
How to enter? You can enter in four different ways (each way counts as one entry, so go ahead and enter in all four methods!):
1. Email me at email@example.com with your name and mailing address. Please put “Shoppers Drug Mart BTS kit” in the subject line.
2. Follow me on Twitter (@healthswellness) and tweet:
I want to #win this @ShopprsDrugMart Back-to-School Kit from @healthswellness! You should enter, too: http://bit.ly/1qnsHDM
3. ‘Like’ the Health and Swellness page on Facebook and then leave a comment on the wall post about this Shoppers Drug Mart Back-to-School Kit giveaway about what you love most about back-to-school season.
4. Instagram: Follow me on Instagram (@healthandswellness), like the Instagram photo for this giveaway (it’s a Flipagram featuring some of the products in the prize kit), and write a comment about what your favourite subject in school was (or is!).
The prize is valued at more than $150 and the giveaway will close at 11:59PM on Thursday, September 4, 2014. Please note that this giveaway is open to Canadian residents only. The winner will be chosen at random and announced on Health & Swellness. If I cannot reach the winner within 72 hours (so keep your eyes peeled for when I announce the winner as you’ll need to get back to me!), another winner will be selected at random.
August 28, 2014
In these last few days of summer — and some very welcome heat here in Toronto a few days this week – I’ve been using my new toy, the Nespresso Vertuoline (a sweet gift from the folks at Nespresso) to whip up these Iceberg Lattes.
I like to have one after a long run as it’s cold and refreshing, it’s got some electrolytes thanks to the coconut water, and some milk, which is good for post-workout recovery…but they’re good on any ol’ sunny day, too — no workout required!
1 Nespresso Vertuoline capsule of Decaffeinato Intenso or Altissio, brewed
3 oz. coconut water
2 oz. skim milk
2 tsps agave nectar (light or amber)
2 cups ice
Combine all ingredients except ice into large cocktail shaker. Stir to co,bind and dissolve nectar.
Add ice to shaker and shake to chill.
Pour entire contents of shaker, including ice into glass.
August 27, 2014
A few months ago, I worked out with Tracy Anderson and checked out the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Gear Fit. The Gear Fit is pretty cool if you’re looking to motivate yourself when it comes to monitoring your health as it’ll help you track your sleep, heart rate and more. Anderson talks more about it here in this video—check it out (I also spy with my little eye myself in this workout class, haha — and for the record, Tracy told me I did a great job in her class…what, what!).
The S5 also has some cool features—Smart Switch allows you to seamlessly transfer contacts, photos and music. And if you’re like me, you panic when your smartphone is low on battery, right? Well, the S5 has Ultra Power Saving Mode, which gives you 24 hours of battery life with only 10 percent of a battery charge.
As for the camera, it’s a 16 megapixel camera that features high-dynamic range, selective focus and a super fast Auto Focus of up to 0.3 seconds.
Plus the phone is certified IP67 dust and water resistance, so you can feel confident your phone isn’t being harmed by everyday elements.
Sound good? Want one? Well, then, you should enter my giveaway! I have one Samsung Galaxy S5 and Gear Fit package to give away (valued at $1,000).
The giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, September 2, 2014. The winner will be chosen at random. (Should I be unable to reach the winner within 48 hours, another will be selected.)
You can enter once each of the four ways. Ready? Here’s how to enter:
- Email. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your mailing address and phone number, and put “Samsung Galaxy and Gear Fit” in the subject line.
- Instagram. Follow me on Instagram (I’m @healthandswellness on Instagram) and then regram the Instagram photo I’ve posted for this giveaway with caption: So @healthandswellness is giving away a @SamsungCanada Galaxy S5 and Gear Fit, and I want to win! Visit www.healthandswellness.com to find out how you can enter.
- Facebook. Like the HealthandSwellness page on Facebook, and then post a comment on the photo of the Samsung Galaxy S5 about how you hope the Gear Fit will help you when it comes to your health.
- Twitter: Follow me on Twitter (I’m @healthswellness) and then tweet: I’m entered to #win a @SamsungCanada Galaxy S5 and Gear Fit from @healthswellness. Here’s how to enter: http://bit.ly/1qfihpM
August 26, 2014